My Trip to Collevalenza

First I need to preface this entry...
It is a packed entry because it was a packed day.
For now just some simple moments and experiences.

It began with my lovely wife reminding me of past spiritual experiences and connections and that I wasn't far from Collevalenza. "So you better go!" , she texted me.

I awoke at 5:30 to start the pilgrimage.  A subway and a 2 hour bus ride then a shuttle through the hills fog and rain.
I was a stranger in a strange land.   In the middle of Italy... clinging to forgotten Latin in order to make sure I was going to arrive  where I felt called to be.

 Here are the moments on which I will later elaborate
.....I knew very little of the story of the place.
.....I knew it had to do with sister named Madre Speranza.
....who I never heard of until a chance dream and a discussion with a friend in Medjugorje
...almost eight years ago
....I arrive and aimlessly wander amount hundreds of people, finally meeting the only man who spoke English.
...10 hours later my new friend drove me back home to Rome.

And you ought to hear what happened in that 10 hours!

Tomorrow I am attempting to walk 5 blocks to the Vatican....don't think it s going to happen the crowds are so thick already.  Outside my window the yelling of the crowds camping out is punctuated only by an occasional siren. My plan is to at least make an attempt...however...if I go trying to catch a glimpse I will end up missing Mass.  And after today....Mass first always Mass first.

Popular posts from this blog

Urban Legend Michael Ripple

What a Ride