Mary's Time = God's Time

Mary's fiat united her with God.
She said "Yes, be it done to me according to His will."
Therefore her will is united to God's will.
And her time is united to God's time.

I believed that it was her will that I write A Lost Shepherd.
Along the way and through the years there were glimpses of her presence in the midst of the work.  From encouraging complete honesty and forthrightness to putting the right people in place helping the project along in a rather remarkable way.  I hoped that one day the story would help just one soul--be it a lost priest, and ex-priest, a fallen away catholic, a married couple, dad or mom--just one soul to get back to God and His Church.

So now I am in the midst of another lesson from Our Blessed Mother--patience.

This is probably one of the worst times in publishing history to release a book.

Today I heard an interview on the radio of a bookstore owner in NYC who was closing up shop.
The publishing world is in turmoil.
Just last week a book local store owner shared that he wasn't interested in carrying A Lost Shepherd.
I have to admit, part of me wants to go retrieve the copy I gave him--they cost money and I could give it to someone who might 'appreciate' it.

So, by the world's standards this is a terrible time to release a book.
And, by the world's standards publicity moves at an expensive and viral rate--both of which I am incapable of doing.

Once again I am reminded of Mary's fiat.
"...according to Thy will, O Lord"





Popular posts from this blog

Urban Legend Michael Ripple

What a Ride